Why this post?
As a web developer, I use a lot of tools (new & old), utilities & some tips from my discovery and from lots of people around (twitter, product hunt etc,). Today I want to share all of apps & tools I use for web development.
- oh-my-zsh is my default terminal.
- z is autocompletion shortcut for folders.
- Consolas – Terminal font.
- Dracula theme (slighty customized).
- Lots of custom & borrowed aliases (super lazy me 😆).
⌨️ Code Editor
- VSCode Editor – An open source code editor from microsoft.
- Dracula – Let me know if you have any good suggestions.
- vscode-icons – Editor icons for all type of files.
- Consolas – Editor font.
- User Settings – Editor preferences.
🔧 Editor Plugins
Most of the time I try to use fewer extensions & plugins. A few I use in vscode editor are below.
- Debugger for Chrome
- Sublime Text Keymap – Once upon a time I used to be a sublime fan 😜.
- Import Cost – Calculates the size of imports and requires.
- Export Autocomplete – Collects ES6 exports from your project and autocompletes them.
👨💻 Desktop Apps (OSX )
- Itsycal – A minimal menu bar calendar app.
- Licecap – GIF recorder.
- Skitch – To add annotation, shapes etc,.
- Sketch – My dribble shots.
- Virtual Box – To run IE10+ browsers and other windows app.
- Kap – Capture your screen and output it as GIF, Video.
- Keycastr – KeyCastr, an open-source keystroke visualizer.
- Muzzle – To mute your mac notifications while sharing screen (PS: Read notifications examples in their website 😜)
- Things – Personal task manager (started using this to track my goals & todos)
- Spectacle – Move and resize windows with ease in mac.
- Chrome, Chrome Canary (my default browser)
- Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Firefox Nighly,
- Safari, Safari Technology Preview & Nightly (SW is supported 😬).
🔩 Browser Extensions
- Inbox by Gmail to save links for pwa.tips – A bi-montly newsletter about web related stuffs.
- React Developer Tools – A React debugging tools to the Chrome Developer Tools.
Originally posted in gokulkrishh.github.io
Thanks for reading my post. If you have any suggestion or a question comment below.
Source: The Practical Developer Tools I use for web development